Thursday, May 17, 2007

Kensington Preview

Today was fun. I only went to school for my first two hours, because seniors are sort of excused...yeah. Anyways, i came home, helped clean the house. (My graduation open house is comming up, May 26th at 6pm-12am. Feel free to drop by). So after i was done cleaning, for now, i started to pack for this weekend. I put my stuff in the car, you know, bike, race bag, med kit, spare wheels, trainer, folding chair, and cooler. (which is currently empty). Once i was finished with that, my friend, fellow cyclist, and fellow AAVC (junior) rider Caleb stopped by. I was to ajust his front derailleur. Then it was off to Kensington...
Well Well Well, this is going to be a fun race. I met up with David (winner of the Cat 4 Willow TT this year), and Eric, newcommer to the team. We checked out the TT course, rode it lightly a few times. Then we did a loop of the park, riding through the (gravel) neutral zone twice, to get to know it better.
Let me tell you about this TT, because thats where most of the race will be decided. Its short, at just under 3 miles (2.7 miles) its going to be a dead sprint from start to finish. It starts out at one of the highest points in the park (the finish line for the Road Race on Sunday). Then it goes downhill where we will pick up major speed. Then its a mile of rollers with one fairly lengthy incline. Then its a slight decline to the stop sign. We assume that somewhere before that intersection, there is going to be a cone we have to go around. A quick 180 degree turn around, then its back up, over the rollers, and up up up to the finish. The final hill isn't really steep and it's only about 1/3 mile, which will suck after 2.5 miles of hard riding. So it will be fun.
David and I did a TT practice run, to get gearing ideas, Eric just soft pedaled the course. David and I both completed it in under 6 min. He was obviously faster then me. My goal on Saturday, is to do it in 5:50 or less. It will be fun. If your in the area, stop by.
Wish my luck!

No comments: