Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Undergrad Symposium

So leave Friday, March 27 2009 open if you can. Then come to Eastern to see my success.

Dr. Mcgregor approached me a few weeks back about presenting this year at the 29th Annual Undergraduate Symposium this spring. This is where mostly Juniors and Seniors present their research that they have been working very hard on for a while. As you know, I am not a Junior or Senior. I am a Sophmore. So this is kind of a big deal for me. All the research and analysis I am doing are based completely off classes I have yet to take.

My research is interesting to those cyclists who read this. We have a Velotron ergometer in our lab. There is no literature to support the accuracy of the power output for said Velotron. We also have an SRM power meter on this Velotron. SRM is the "gold standard" of power readings. At the most boiled down point, my research is comparing the accuracy of the Velotron to the SRM.

I have 2 months to run the research and write the paper and create my presentation. Wish me luck. Its going to be a fun semester.

5 comments:

Doug said...

Oh, so can someone with an MS come and challenge your findings :)? In public??????

Doug said...

Can I ride the Velotron ergometer?

Doug said...

Remind us about Friday, March 27 2009, I'll take the day off work.

Chris Aten said...

Wow, that sounds pretty sweet dude. Hey, if you need motivation to ride, come over and ride with me and some of the housemates on Saturdays. We go do mountain bike dirt road rides if it's nice out, or if it is too cold, we project the tour on our wall or watch movies. I don't want you to feel all lonely riding the trainer (I read your comment on James' blog)!

Daniel Ritter said...

psh McGregor, what a quack