Thursday, June 14, 2007

TT Practice

Last night was the AAVC monthly time trial practice. After sitting through traffic backed up from Ford Lake to Huron St. on I-94, i got to Willow Metropark at around 6:20. There were 3 juniors there awaiting the arrival of a coach, but there was no coach comming. Mark Lovejoy emailed people to ask if they could help out with timing, because him, Mr. Christy, and Darrell weren't going to be there. So i took the liberty of getting thr juniors warmed up. As we left the parking lot, Joe Christy pulls in. So he got set up for the TT while i did a few laps, pacelining with the juniors.

Mark Lovejoy emailed us saying it was suppose to be a 5 lap TT, where as the juniors were just going to do a 3 lap TT. But with the State TT comming up (which i will have to miss, i am going to camp in La Crosse, WI), we decided that a 40K practice would be nice...thats 12 laps.

Talk about painful! Man, at 6 laps i was ready to quit! But i thought about what Dave Z. Would do, so i stuck it out. Luckily my friend Cat went with me, and she kept my lap times, took pictures, and gave me water bottles as i asked for them. (it was HOT) So i stayed hydrated, and i had a couple of GU packets.

I started my TT 2 minuets later than i was suppose to. I had forgotten to ajust my seat and change my gearing for the start. So i started 3 minuets after Colton. I did this without my aero bars, because i wasnt going to have much time to change back to road bars for Allen Park. Well 12 laps is 26.5 miles, so it was accualy longer than 40K. I did it in a time of 1:08'12 which is 23.3mph. My average HR was 178 bpm, max 196 bpm, and burned about 1100 calories. Time trials aren't really that interesting, so there isn't much i can write about. The only cool thing that happened (for me) was that i passed Colton with 2 laps to go. Yeah. So anyways....Doug, where were you last night? And where was everyone else? This really is a great workout, and more people need to come to them.

2 comments:

James Anderson said...

Zack, which juniors where there?

Zachary Maino said...

I dont remember names very well. But the boy whos mom rides with us was there, the boy with the triathlete dad was there, and the boy with the hispanic looking father was there.