Thursday, June 14, 2007

Tuesday Night Crit Practice

First off...i know this is out of order.

So this was the second time ever being to a Crit Prcatice, and the first time ive ever raced in it. My freind Kurt, who just purchased a road bike, and is interested in racing, came up with me. He stayed on for two laps in one of the races, but kept getting dropped. I told him he would do fine in a few weeks if he sticks with it. So we did a 7 lap race first, and i wasnt supposed to go all out, so i rode at the back. Then durring the second race, i was a corner marshall.

Somewhere in there, we did a 5 lapper, and Jeff and I attacked right from the start. We stayed out for 2 laps, then David comes flying by doing his TT form. Jeff was having trouble closing on David, and finaly cracked. So i chased down David. On the hill of the 4th lap, David cracked. By Now the peloton was right on me, and as they closed on me, the guy at the front yelled "come on zack! lets go!" so i cranked down and pulled the group another half lap then pulled off and rode easily to the finish. So 4.5 laps of a 5 lap race i was out front...not bad.

After that we were doing a 10 lap race, and Kurt had to be getting home, so i only did 5 laps. Again, right from the start i attaked again. Yeah, i know i know, i wasnt suppose to go hard....but in my defense...i didnt contest any sprints. This time i could only stay out fot about 2 laps, i was getting tired, so i pulled off and let the peloton go around me. On the next lap there was a group of 3 guys who made a break, i jumped on them for 2 laps. This whole time, Mrs. Anderson, and Mr. Vermulen are sitting at the Start/Finish line. Everytime i came around off the front they just laughed and shook their heads. i was detrmined to make the breakaway work.

Well i located Kurt, then put the bikes on the roof and headed home. After i dropped him off, i went home, took my stuff inside. Then went out untill 1am hanging out with my freinds.

No comments: