Monday, July 16, 2007

Common Crit ..... I've had better days

Well yesterday was the race around the capital, the Common Criterium. It was a combined feild race, so i was in with the Cat 3s. This was good for me though, because im going to upgrade soon and i wanted to see if i belong. It was a fast race. I sat at the back for a while and moved up through the peloton when i was too clost to the back. Some of those PartyNet guys need to learn to ride, they were diving to the inside at the last second, which was causing all kind of pandamonium. Eventialy after a prime, Darrell got off the front. That was good because it gave Scott, Roger and I a break. But i saw a WCMR moving up the right side, so i stuck to his wheel and eventualy we were in the break too. Just the 5 of us. No one really seemed to want to work exept D and I. Well inevitably the group caught us, and lukily for me...my chain dropped. I lost about 15 seconds getting it back on, which was bad. There was only about 15 min left in the race. I never caught the peloton, though they caught me. I TTd the rest of the race at a HR of about 197 bpm. As i came around for my last lap, i saw about 6 guys on the ground in the second corner, i guess someone didnt hold their line. I finished behind the group, on my own, pissed off. But hey, thats racing. I would like to thank Joe Lekovich for making us all laugh before and durring the race. So, yeah. Here are some pictures...

4 comments:

Darrell Anderson said...

Zach, tell your Dad that those pics are AWESOME!!! It is like getting helicopter shots of the race. Very cool.

Zachary Maino said...

D,
Those arent my dads pics, those were taken by Cat. Its rare that i accualy see the pictures my dad takes. But i will see what i can get for you.

Anonymous said...

Cat? Who is cat?

Doug said...

Hello? Ada? McFly? Fenton? Hello, McFly?