Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Belgian Beer? Yes Please!

Well that was the final Crit Practice of the season, and man am i going to miss it. I started off this season getting dropped on every race, and tonight i managed to win one! (thats accualy my first win as a cyclist, too bad it doesnt accualy count :-/ )

So anyway, I show up at Runway at about 5:40, Tony and his Dad came in about two minuets after me. This was the first or second one they made this year. Then Scott showed up, and Doug came at some point. Darrell couldnt make it, so Jeanne brought James and his camera.

Once we got underway, we had about 30 people, thats an estimate. So i was told i could ride hard today, so i did. The first two races i tried breaks, and got dropped. The third race i was a corner marshall. Now it was time to race. The following race i positioned myself just right at the end of the race. Before the last corner, Rob jumped, and i jumped with him. I managed to sprint around him up the hill and i won! Thats my first win. In the following two races i managed to finish 4th and 2nd. Im getting stronger. I hope i race like this on Monday, becasue Scott will need me. He sits second in the Michigan Challenge Series, and needs to finish 5th or better to win. So were going to help him.

A funny thing happened when we were finsihed tonight. I stole Dougs bike. James wanted to do an interview with him and he kept refusing, so i stole his bike, and locked it in my car. Well in the end he was leacing and i didnt want to get charged with theft, so i gave it back, and James interviewed me, so im thinking that will show up soon on his blog. So look for it.

Well im off to see if my parents like the beer.....yeeeah.

6 comments:

dmo said...

Nice!
And you had a great race in Rockford.
When's the upgrade?

David

P.S. Ever considered cyclocross?

Zachary Maino said...

Upgrade in a little over a week. I want to do cyclocross, but i doup ti will get into it this year. Though i would love to be your support guy this season if we can make that work.

Anonymous said...

We have your dog, if Colonel Doug does not get his bike back, the dog gets it.

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper623/stills/mmxe4232.jpg

Anonymous said...

C:\>FORMAT C:/Y/C

C said...

Beer is bad for your form.

Anonymous said...

Labor Day?