Thursday, October 18, 2007

The most important 20 min of my life!

So for my sports med class we had to write a 'plan of study' a list of all the classes we will take over the next 4-5 years in college. Once we had it written out we needed to have it signed by our advisor. So i went to my advisor and he asked what i wanted to do with this career. I told him that i would like to get a graduate or PhD and work with cycling, research or soemthing. He said that he was reassigning me to Dr. McGreggor. Dr. M is a compeditive cyclist here in Michigan and does a ton of research all year round all based on cycling. My advisor told me that i should talk to him and get into the Lab and start doing undergrad reesearch paper, because it would help me into the graduate program and with my career.

In short.....i pretty much just set myself up for success in a career involving cycling. I am stoked!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cat is he?

Zachary Maino said...

He is a Category 2, who races Masters 35+ He won Cone this year.

James Anderson said...

He won the Kensington Crit and lots of other stuff. He's really strong.

Doug said...

Ok, so hes got street (racer) cred.

Darrell Anderson said...

He was my exercise phys instructor at the level 2 coaching clinic. His breadth of knowledge is staggering.

Anonymous said...

McGregor raced and placed consistantly throughout the 90s and early 2000s in the Pro 1-2's.
He raced in approx 40-60 races a year during his seasons.
He's been back for a couple years racing Masters 35 plus and some 1-2's. He has been threw the USA Cycling/USCF meat grinder for nearly 2 decades and now has been a Dr. at EMU, teaching.
FYIF.

Anonymous said...

FYIF??????

Anonymous said...

For your information, should of been FYI.

Daniel Ritter said...

Steve is my coach. He's good. This year he won Cone and the Kensington Crit

Chris said...

Nice man! That is sweet. That should be a great experience working with him.