Thursday, October 11, 2007

New Frame?

Yo all,
So last week i was out riding around St. Joes Hospital on the bike path. I hit what i BELIEVE to be a stick. It got caught in my spokes, ripping off my rear derallier and pulling it into the spokes causing my wheel to lock up. I bent a spoke, broke my chain, broke the adjusting barrell off the derallier, and the hanger. When i got back to my dorm for further investigation i found that when i went to replace my hanger with a spare (which you should always carry with you), one of the screws wouldn't stay in. The actual screw housing INSIDE the frame is severely stripped. I am going to TWT tomarrow to see what they say about it. But it appears i will probably have a single speed bike now. And ideas on frames? I would like to get it as cheap as possible, but i dont want a crappy frame. Im thinking a Cervelo P2. It needs to be carbon, and ive always loved that bike. But i dont think ill find it under $3000.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spend $5,000 on a new frame and fork set!

Anonymous said...

Just happened upon your blog... You might want to check the Cervelo forums, try here......

http://forums.cervelo.com/forums/t/406.aspx

According to Gerard the price point for a 2008 P2C Ultegra is $2500

Daniel Ritter said...

If you're bike is down, why get a TT frame?

Go with the R3, it's new color is so freaking baller