Wednesday, May 7, 2008

New Shoes

So I was contacted from the South Lyon Cycle store the other day. The message was that my new shoes were in. So this morning my Dad and I drove over to South Lyon to pick up the shoes. After that we went and had lunch at Mongolian BBQ (possibly the greatest eating establishment on the planet) then home.
Once I got home I installed my speedplay cleats and tried the shoes out on the trainer for a minute or two. These shoes are nice! They fit very tight and are very comfortable. Compared to my Sidis they are way stiffer and a lot brighter. But they dont seem to breathe as well as my Sidis.

Tomorrow I have VO2 Max intervals so I will be able to test them out on the road. They stand out don't they?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can see those even without my glasses...

Anonymous said...

Auto focus, and you ran the vacuum :).

dmo said...

Very, erm, orange.:) Actually, I like them a lot. I would have considered a pair myself but they didn't have my size. And from the looks of them, I think they might actually be made by Sidi, but with a stiffer sole. Are there little teeth things on the velcro straps to keep them in place?

Zachary Maino said...

I compared them to my pair of Sidis, the sole has a different shape and build, but the rest looks pretty much the same. As far as the velcro straps go, there are no teeth on them. Or I dont think so.