Sunday, May 11, 2008

Team Kensington Ride

So yesterday morning I woke up, let the dogs out, fed them and packed the car. On the way out of town I picked up my freind Nick. He had to go to Ann Arbor, and this was the only time I was goig over there soon.
At Kensington I met up with Chris, Scott, Dominick and Eric. We kitted up and started riding. We did one lap of the race course lightly, then the hill repeats started. Between our warm up and our workout Doug showed up. While waiting for him we removed warmers and vests because of the sun and heat. We ended up heading out to do hill repeats without Doug because he wasn't ready.

We starter at the start line, rode to the traffic circle, turned around and continued the course. Our goal was to climb, so we opted to leave out the flat part of the course.

On the first lap, I was hurting on the climbs. It felt like I had no power. But after riding some more hills on my own I felt fine by the time I found the guys again. On one of the laps, Chris 'Mountain Goat' Aten took off up the hill but missed the right hand turn to the finish line. So we lost him for the next hour.
After a total time of an hour and a half, I was done riding at Kensington. I had to get Nick to Ann Arbor and I was going to ride with my freinds later anyways. On my way out, I found Chris 'Traitor' Aten training with the Wolverine team. He was wondering where we were and asked me to moto-pace him around untill we found the guys. I agreed.

On our way around the park, I got Chris up to 27mph uphill and 50+mph downhill (I am aware I was speeding.) After we got around the traffic circle I saw the guys up ahead and signaled Chris. I left the group and headed to Ann Arbor.

In Ann Arbor, I helped Nick move out of his appartment. After the moving, we stopped by the new REI to check it out. I was impressed with their cycling section. Lots of top brand equipment (obviously not their bikes.) From there it was on to Jackson. We unloaded Nick's stuff and headed to my house to ride.

Nick (left) Kurt (above in Rabobank) and I went and rode some of the hills around here. Nick who is not a cyclist was dead after about 35 minutes, but Kurt hit the wall as we were on our way home. It was a pretty good day.

5 comments:

C said...

For a second I thought that was Robert Gesink.

How many teeth is your big ring on the TT bike?

Anonymous said...

Who had the camera?

Zachary Maino said...

My 'TT Rig' is just a standard road bike with aero bars. I have yet to make the modifications such as: Larger chainring, TT Saddle, Aero Disc Cover, etc. Its a 53.

Zachary Maino said...

Camera....I had it except for the picture of me, obviously haha. Kurt took the picture of me.

cody said...

i'm pretty sure chris was riding with us so he could steal our secret stategies. just kidding. seriously though...