Sunday, February 28, 2010

Spring Break 2010 Begins

Made it down to Panama City Beach in Florida today. Took us 2 days of traveling to get here. Stayed with my cousin Scott in Tennessee last night, woke up and drove to his college to have breakfast. All I have to say is that if I had $300,000 to spare, I would definitely go to Sawanee University of the South.

Once we got to the very nice hotel, we unloaded the car (yes I brought my bike) and checked out the pool deck. We immediately changed into our swimsuits and jumped into the warm pool. We hung out there for an hour until we got hungry. We then showered changed and headed out to scout the area. We went to Wal-Mart to get food (we have a kitchen), ate at Sonic, then dropped by the liquor store and headed back to the hotel.

Now I am sitting here typing this after we unloaded everything and cleaned up the kitchen. I am headed to bed so I can get out on the bike early and scout out the area for semi-decent training routes. Picture and more story later.

2 comments:

wielrijder said...

sonic- really? Did you super size it?

Doug said...

What will be your first race?