Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving Break Day 1 - First Timer



At 5am Eastern Standard Time, the alarm clock in the hotel room in Grand Rapids went off. It was the start to a long day of traveling. It is now 9:51 here in Seattle, so its 12:51am back in Michigan, I've been up for about 20 hours, I've been on three planes, in two cars, and touched four states.

We got to the Grand Rapids airport at 5:45am, for our 7:15am flight. After checking in and getting through security we got to the terminal in time to chat for a bit, then we got on our puddle jumping plane, (holds about 30 people) and jumped over to Milwaukee, Wi. From there we made a quick change to a larger plane that took us to Kansas City, Mo. From there it was another short transfer to another plane with larger seats, that took us to the Sea-Tac Airport. (Seattle-Tacoma) I was lucky enough to be in the Exit row with my brother, which meant more leg room for us. I took a few pictures out of the window as we crossed the Rockies.

Once we were in Seattle, my parents went and got the car while my brothers John Pat and I got the baggage. Our parents picked us up and we headed to our rental house, where my oldest brother Greg was waiting with his wife Mari. The house is NICE, as the bottom of a steep hill, overlooking the "Tacoma Narrows Bridge". It's quite a site. I have my computer and the rest of my electrical equipment set up on the desk in my room, I'm actually not there right now, I'm upstairs watching 'House'. There are 8 of us staying in this house, seeing as my last brother, Eric the second oldest, and his wife Catie live here in Seattle. So its going to be a little cramped.

Once we got situated here at the house, we left to go have dinner in Belleview at 'The Cheesecake Factory'. Eric and Catie met us there, Eric was at work until then. This was the first time since my brothers wedding in July that the entire family, all 9 of us, were in the same room.

Tomorrow i go and pick out a bike to use for the week. I believe I'll be using a Pinerello.

Be sure to check back tomarrow for more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh! not fair. i wish i was there:(

Elisa said...

....ggggggrrrrrrrrr >:( <----- (That's my jelous face)

Doug said...

Man, I hope you got a good deal on this plane trip.

Doug said...

How many brothers and sisters do you have?

And this house you are staying at is your brother's, right?

Zachary Maino said...

No this is a rental. My brother only has an apartment. I have 4 brothers. 2 of which are married, so with me and my parents that makes 9, and one of our family friends came out with us.