Thursday, November 6, 2008

New President

In other news, I am sure you have heard (it was on the news a little in the past few days) Barack Obama is going to be the new president of the United States of America. I know everyone has their own opinion, so I am not posting this to start an argument. Just thought it should be posted because there is a fun story from my end.



So at 11:03pm Tuesday night I was in my friend Liz's room on the couch with her. That is when we heard that Obama was projected to win. About 5 minutes later our friends Colin and Janis come in and said we had to go outside.

When we got out there, campus was going crazy. There are many many Obama supporters on our campus and they all got together to celebrate in the streets. Literally IN the streets. The police didn't even try to break it up and cars had to turn around because they couldnt get through. It was pretty cool to see everyone united about something, its all too rare these days.



So I thought that was fun. I am not partial to any cadidate. I would have been happy with either McCain or Obama in office. Becuase no matter who won, no one can change it, so we might as well enjoy it. It is like Cat said, "They would both have had great successes, and they would both have had many disapointments. Lets hope the success outweighs the disapointment."

1 comment:

Cat said...

Thanks for the quote. We honestly thought people were getting shot because of all of the fireworks.