Monday, December 8, 2008

Tis the season

2009 Cycling season that is.

So this is about the time of year that I consider to be the start of the new season. Now is the time we are meeting with teams, setting goals, taking inventory of equipment and clothing, ordering clothing and starting base.

Today was day 1 of base training. I spent an hour and a half on the trainer then did 150 situps, 75 pushups, 5 minutes of wall sits and 5 minutes of planks. As the weeks go on, I will add to the off bike strengthening including running, plyometrics, weight training (already started) and other core workouts.

My goal this season is to follow my training plan very closely. I did not do such a great job last year and didn't progress like I know I am capable of. So this season I am going to follow the plan and hopefully become a force to reckon with on the road. Time will tell.

The good thing about training, I felt great today after I was finished. I felt as if I could breathe clearer and deeper, move faster.....I just feel in shape again and I have missed it. I hope all of you are training for the season ahead, there are a lot of races to be contended this year!

6 comments:

Chris said...

Amen Brotha! I just gotta get over my cold... Glad to hear you are training hard.

C said...

I heard if you just stay on your "supplements," drink a lot a beer, and do some Cocaine or Ecstasy on the side, you don't even have to train.



(I have a twisted sense of humor)

Doug said...

DAY ONE BASE!!!!

Workout:  Warmup 10 minutes, Ride 45 minutes, cool down 5 min
Ride in Zone 2-3 only.

Don't listen to Colton Zack, all I keep getting from him is a lot of static, noise, and invalid parameters.

Zachary Maino said...

Well, I will have to discuss the Cocaine and Ex with my coach.....

C said...

I just thought of something: Cocaine is sometimes called "base," so maybe that's where they got the term "Base Training" from.

Doug said...

Are you out of school now? Or one more week?