Friday, December 5, 2008

Vande Velde

So last night I got the chance to have dinner at the Dante Aligheri Society "100th Anniversary of the Giro d'Italia" celebration with a few of my fellow MCG teamates. The pizza, pasta and salad was fantastic.

After dinner a man did a presentation on the Giro D'Italia and introduced his friend and pink jersey owner Christian Vande Velde.



Vande Velde got up in front of everyone in the room at answered questions for about an hour. He answered everything from his amature track career to how pissed David Miller was when his chain broke. Climbing, descending, radio talk and the olympics were also covered. It was a really fun, laid back night.

Vande Velde is a very smart talented rider that has big hopes for next season and I wish him well.

After he got done talking, people got autographs, the team got a picture with him and I got to hold his pink jersey.



Whats funny, is that I was actually more exited to be with my teamates than I was to see Vande Velde. I love racing in the summer and being around the great guys that form up the Midwest Cycling Group and it was just a lot of fun sitting around the table talking about the upcoming season. Let me tell you...this is going to be one heck of a season in 2009. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Doug said...

It was fun.

Oh, you got to hold the jersey...

Yeah, just wait for me to win a cat four race, and the Lions to win the Super Bowl next season!