Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Home


(Seattle from the back of the Ferry)

So I figured I should update this to give people something to read. (James covered the watching part, check out Bike Boy's blog)

Anyways, I made it home from Seattle. Enjoyed the last few days there. On Thanksgiving I got to go up flying with my brother in a little Cesna around Seattle. I will edit video and put it up later. It was pretty cool taking off from Boeing Field...2 mile long runway, 300ft across...It was huge!

On Saturday we got to take the ferry to one of the islands around the city. It was fun, we had lunch at a little pizza place and I must say, it was delicious. We made our way back to the city after an hour or two of walking around. We packed and headed to the airport at 7:30pm to catch our 10:10pm flight. (1:10am Eastern Time) We landed at 5am in Detroit and I was home asleep on the couch by 6:45am. I slept on the couch because the child behind me on the plane kept me awake for the last 2.5 hours of the flight. After I woke up, I headed back to campus.


(Our plane from Sea-Tac to DTW)

It was good to have a break, but now we are preping for finals. On top of that, next semester is going to be quite busy. I have 17 credit hours, 2 labs per week. Working on research with Ian in the Ex. Phys. Lab. Working with Dr. McGregor on my Undergraduate Symposium presentation. Getting a job so I have money for rent and cycling this summer. Locating an appartment to live at this summer and next year. All while staying up with my training.


(All the cars on the ferry)

If anyone knows of a decent appartment in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area, please let me know.

In other news, I am now on Twitter. (http://twitter.com/zachmaino) I also created an account for the Midwest Cycling Group so that I can update race results from the race on my phone this summer. So if you miss a race and want to know results as soon as they are final, make sure you check out http://twitter.com/MidwestCycling.

No comments: