Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Spring Break 2008

BORING!

So here I sit on my livingroom floor, five days into my nine day spring break. All of my plans fell through for this week...In my first plan, I would currently be on a plane to southern California with Ace to spend a week training in Solvang. Due to lack of interest, we had to cancel the trip. So instread of semi-warm, non snowy hills in the California countryside, I get single didgit temperatures and a foot of snow so I am stuck on my trainer. Another plan I had was to travel down to Georgia with the U of M cycling team to train in the hills of the south. But alas, a clause...only U of M students could ride in the U of M vans. I would have just driven down on my own if I could, but I didn't have the money for gas. My final plan was to go to Arizona to visit my best freind Andy who moved down there recently. But I could not find a cheap plane ticket to Phoenix.

So this week I have just been chilling out here at home, reading, riding the trainer, and hanging out with some of my freinds occasionaly. I really wish I could be somewhere relatively warm so i could get in some quality training.

On a brighter note, I recieved an email yesterday stating that the EMU cycling club now has a USAC license. That means that this Saturday and Sunday, providing weather is decent, I will be in Greencastle, Indiana racing.

In random news: I purchased cork break pads so I can test ride and race on my carbon wheels. I also purchased a new adjustable stem for my Giant road bike, thus I can fine tune my TT position to make up more time this season.

Thats all folks!

21 comments:

Doug said...

Oh, *sigh*. Get a job.

C said...

I'm bragging when I say this, but since Friday I've been wearing only shorts for my rides. (No knickers/tights)

Daniel Ritter said...

hmm I don't know about that... We've had 50-60 in Boulder, but you should always cover the knees when below 60/65

C said...

K mom

Zachary Maino said...

Come on, lets see the Colorado boys go at it on my page. lol

Daniel Ritter said...

hahaha Don't you give me that lip boy. The collection wisdom of sports physiology agrees with me. Zack knows what I'm talking about he's physiology major. Zack, ask McGregor he'll tell you haha it only costs me $300 a month to get good info out of him

C said...

It's 58F outside right now, and I plan on riding in shorts.

I wonder if the two degree difference between the current air temperature and the magical 60degree mark matters that much considering the heating effect of the sun's infrared radiation on my legs, and also taking in to account that I'm wearing liniment which increases circulation and provides a physical barrier as well.

...There's a question for McGregor.


Never a slave to the rules (or apparently reason),
Colton

James Anderson said...

Being a teammate of Colton, I would know that he doesn't like wearing leg warmers:-).

Doug said...

you guys are nuts, I wear knee warmers even at 70.

Doug said...

When you get arthritis in your knees at age 35, we are all going to say 'we tried to warn you, but you would not listen'. Enjoy it while you can :).

Doug said...

Party in Zack's blog.

Anonymous said...

tap-tap-tap

Doug said...

Did you hear that, it sounds like a quiet tapping sound?

Daniel Ritter said...

boy... what did I tell you about lip? Don't make me come down there

On a different note- Zack are there any collegiate races relatively close during March 21-29?

Zachary Maino said...

Dan, there are Midwest Collegiate Cycling Conference races on the 23rd, 24th, 29th, and 30th.

23rd and 24th are in Pittsburg, the 29th is MSU, and the 30th is U of M.

The 30th is also STS, and Fisk Knob.

Zachary Maino said...

As far as McGregor goes, it only costs me about $14,000 a year to get info out of him.

Doug, that big number is my college tuition.

Daniel Ritter said...

Man, your tuition is downright cheap!

Thanks for the info

Doug said...

You know, you could have gone to a local business college for well less then 10,00 a year. My master at Walsh was less then 10,000.

Zachary Maino said...

But I would like to get my Ph.D and work at a college, or with a professional cycling team.

Sorry Doug. I dont want to work at a school running cable.

Daniel Ritter said...

haha my tuition, with scholarship was $14,686.61 with a scholarship.....


....this semester

Doug said...

Running cable is only a small part of my job. And I would like to see you run cable.