Thursday, January 10, 2008

New Wheels


If any of you are members at, and frequently read Thepaceline, you will have noticed that yesterday they posted saying they are selling off team gear to clear house. Among these items include team wheels. Aeolus 5.0 Tubulars (msrp$2200) for $1200, XXX-Lites (msrp$1800) for $750, and the Aeolus Disc (msrp$1800) for $900. These are some great deals, and these wheels were used by Team Discovery. Well it turns out this season I will be racing on formerly Discovery used Bontrager XXX-Lites.

3 comments:

C said...

I remember seeing a bunch of discovery edition Giro Rev (#?) for sale on Ebay a month ago. I'm not sure if it was legit, but the seller was tailwindsports or something like that.

Nice deal on the wheel set. The '08 tubular xxx-lites wiegh in around 1175g.

Zachary Maino said...

yeah that was Discovery selling off team gear. They have to clear house for Astana

Doug said...

Yeah, they can keep them, and I'll keep racing on my ghetto wheels. I'll bet better wheels, in the distance future.