Tuesday, January 22, 2008

They have arrived!






The new wheels are in, and they are light! UPS delivered them in a hugh box last night, which was funny because the wheels only took up 1/3 - 1/2 of the box. So after they got to my house, I drove back to Ypsi, and put them on my bike to see weight difference, and look. Seeing as I got them from Capital Sports and Entertainment (Team Discovery) used, they said to get them checked so they are rideable. They are, I looked them over last night, but I am still going to take them to a shop today to get looked at. They are Bontrager XXX Lite wheels, with red spokes (as you can see) My next step is to put my orange handlebar tape on, and buy the Team Liquigas issue Fizik Arione saddle (Blue and neon green). Then my bike would stand out. haha. So.....um.....yeah thats about it. I got my wheels. Enjoy the pictures.






PS: Yes the cassette is a 12-27. Deffinitly used for climbing.

9 comments:

C said...

Nice.

Since that's a pro's wheel, I guess it is now acceptable to use a 27t cog and not lose style points.

Zachary Maino said...

Oh no, I am going to change the cassette. Whats the point of having a 25 26 and 27 tooth cog when im not going to use it? I would rather have a tigher gear cluster to give me a closer range in gearing.

Doug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniel Ritter said...

1. Get a SRAM Red cassette --> BALLIN

2. If you don't want to lose style points, chop that steerer tube

Kudos on the wheels though... I wish they were selling off their SRM's

Zachary Maino said...

Yeah I will chop the steering tube. I have just been playing around with my position. New bike.

Doug, the handlebar tape, saddle, and red spokes would clash so much it would be awesome Haha.

dmo said...

Very nice!
To get the full PRO look, I figure you have two options.

1. Red bar tape and a red arione (either red with a silver stripe or black with a red stripe).

2. White bar tape and a white saddle.

Option 2 would probably blend better with the team kit, but Option 1 would match up really nicely with the wheels and your bottle cages. Hmm, maybe I should start up a bicycle aesthetics consultation business?

Doug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zachary Maino said...

Doug, I will paint my bike chrome the day you get a carbon frame. (do not hold me to that though)

DMO, Nice. I deffinitly like the idea of the business haha.

Daniel Ritter said...

muhaha! I just got myself a set of those bad boys too. Last set they had score!