Monday, March 3, 2008

Belgian Training Ride

Ok, so around 2:30 I decided it wasnt really raining, nor was it going to rain bery hard. So I kitted up, jumped on the bike and headed outside. As I sit here, wringing water out of clothing, stuffing newspaper in my shoes to dry them out and hanging jerseys and shorts where they can dry, I decided...

Hands down...GREATEST TRAINING RIDE EVER!

There was something about the strong winds and the rain that just felt awesome to ride in. I got in a few intevals as I powered down the Huron River Bike Trail and some of the Ann Arbor streets to Barton Park and back. I was over 20mph pretty much the whole time, with exeptions to sharp corners and intersections. I even got up to 31mph.

All in all it was an awesome training ride. I am really psyched now to race. I was kinda getting down about racing....but not anymore.

On a different note: On my way back to Eastern, I saw a young couple embraced tightly kissing each other with a look of pure joy in their eyes. It was when I rode a few feet farther I discovered why. On the guys truck, taped to the cab were four poasterboards that read "Will" "you" "marry" "me?" I thought it was really cool.

4 comments:

C said...

Riding in extreme weather conditions makes you feel badass.

Your next strongman trick is to climb a narrow mountain road while it snows.

Zachary Maino said...

You buying my plane ticket out there?

Doug said...

Your riding in 20 degree weather, and rain?

Well, when you come down with a bad cold that turns into the flu then bacterial pneumonia, you will wonder why...

Cat said...

Hey you didn't tell me about this! I can't wait until you get out and ride again...