Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Weird Wednesday



So today was interesting, starting with waking up at 6:30 because my Mom drove here. I rode with her to the airport where she had a flight to catch. I took the van back to campus because my brother Eric from Seattle flew in yesterday and took my Element.

Durring Anatomy and Physiology I thought I was going to get carpal tunnel from all the writing. We were scrambling to write down our review so we knew what was going to be on the upcomming exams. I admit it is difficult when the professer gives up four seconds to write down a word that take ten seconds to say.

On my way back to my dorm, I heard someone on a loud speaker. But I was too hungry to check it out. While at lunch my roomate met up with me, sat down and said "We have upwards of seventy-five cans of Vault in our room." Yes the energy drink. Apparently they were giving out the pop by the cases, I guess thats what the loud speaker was for.

When we finished eating, we went to the room to count. In our original count we ended up with eighty-two. But as we realized we cannot count, we ended up with less. So if someone is really bored and wants to count, I would be glad to know how many are in the picture.

After the can extraveganza there was a small mid-day party here in room 2 Downing. There were about eight or nine people in here, three of us blairing music from our computers. We all hung out for a while. As people left, I kitted up to go ride. Before I headed out, I had been talking to someone online that I wont mention here, but I left for my ride pretty upset.

It is rare that I open up and get personal on my blog. But one of the reasons I ride, and I assume it is the same for a lot of people, is to ride my pain and fears away. The bike is one of three places I feel at peace. I can just let everything go. I can let my feelings and emotions run. I use riding to think, get perspective, rationalize, and let anger out. I also use my bike to rip legs off in competition...which is always fun!

Well today on my ride, I rode to Saline via Michigan Ave...stupid idea, lots of traffic. Then I ended up at Runway Plaza on State Rd....another stupid idea, no shoulder. From there it was back to Ypsi down Ellsworth....not so bad. The thing about these roads are that I KNOW they are dangerous, but I was so upset I just didnt care. Needless to say I wont do that again. But at the time I didn't care that I was nearly run off the road by a semi truck.

But it was somewhere down Packard that I had let my emotion go and was feeling a lot better. So I am sorry if I scared a few people today by riding those very dangerous roads. Won't happen again.

In other news, I had ordered some bike name stickers from Victory Circle Graphix, and they arrived today. I put one on my Look, this weekend I am going to put one on my Giant and my TT helmet, leaving me eight for other bikes. They are glossy, so my flash reflected no matter what I tried, and it was too dark without it. But I am sure Doug can find something to complain about. haha.

8 comments:

C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
C said...

I sectioned them off into four parts using MS Paint and counted that way.

There are Seventy-Seven cans of Vault. Twenty of those cans are actually Vault Zero which contain an artificial sugar substitute.

If all of those were regular Vault, the combined contents of the 77 cans would contain 13860 Calories, 6696g of Carbohydrates, 3464mg of Sodium, and 4528.5mg of caffeine.

C said...

By the way, the pricing on those name plates aren't too bad. Looks cool too.

Zachary Maino said...

Yeah, it was fairly cheap and I got 11 when I ordered 10. So that actually made me really happy. Thanks for counting!

Doug said...

So, I think you have a drinking problem. 44 +/- 1D6 cans.

So, did you get dumped in an online chat???

What are the other two ways????? Ha, you started this.

There is a spot on your pink pillow. Do you two buy your shoes at the same place. And high tech cycling is over rated. But you did clean the carpet before taking the picture, good job. And you are two close with the camera.

How much did the name stickers cost? And is the name on your bike like a dog marking a tree or something? Do you really think someone is going to steal that bike?

C said...

The stickers range from $11.95-19.95, but Zack splurged on the $17.95 ones.

Google "Victory Circle Graphix."

Doug said...

Oh, high class... we all know Zack has family money.

Zachary Maino said...

Not really. Mom doesn't work, and my Dad has to put 3 currently through college, and two already graduated. I have to take out a lot of loans for school. A lot of the money I use on cycling comes out of my own pocket.