Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spring Meeting





After the beautiful da we had yesterday that involved a short hour and a half light ride, I got some rest for the South Lyon Cycle Team spring team meeting.


Most of the team met up in South Lyon at the South Lyon Hotel. A few guys couldn't make it due to work, travel or they were like Doug and just forgot. I mean come on Doug, you signed up that you were going to come, and didnt show up. Anyways....after we had pizza and talked about the team guidelines, we had a raffle and some people got some free stuff including socks, bottles, and musette bags.


Once that was over, we passed out clothing and those of us that were new got our mug...I mean profile shots taken for the website. (Thanks Eric for taking over website duties) After we snapped a few pictures, we got suited up and met in the parking lot for the team ride. A few guys like Craig, Darrell and Stephen went home, but there were a good number of us that stayed to ride.


We stopped by the bike shop that sponsors us on our way out of town. We took a picture of the team members on the ride in front of the South Lyon Cycle sign. From there it was off to Kensington. The ride was led by Rob Iser, who is a strong rider. A few of us were feeling the pain early on in the ride, but it settled down for a while. While at Kensington we tried to murder each other on the hills. I had already done 3 hard rides in 4 days, this making it 4 hard rides in 5 days, I was in pain way early on, and finished near the back on all the climbs, odd for someone that considers themself a climber.


On the ride back, I sat behind John and Eric most of the time, the wind was at our back so we flew along pretty nicely. Once we got back to the parking lot, we sat around and talked for a while. Then we packed up and left.


It was fun to meet the team and ride with them. Hopefully the next time we ride, I will be in better form and show that I belong on the team. Its going to be a fun season!


Here is a video Joe shot at Kensington.






12 comments:

Daniel Ritter said...

^^^ hahaha wtf ^^^

Anywho, no matter experience you may have had, you will never know if you can climb or not until you go to Colorado for a year. And then you realize that you aren't and all of your dreams are crushed.

Doug said...

CAR, belt on car, go snap, no belt means no alternator, no alternator means car is running on battery only, means only a short time before battery goes dead, or the car over heats due to no fan. I do not (yet) have several cars, nor can use my iPhone to call the butler who comes and takes the car to the garage. Us trailer park trash have to do some of this stuff ourselves, by hand, in person :P.

What is this all about me!?!? Am I the center of attention, action, or the heart of the party??? Does the world revolve around me and in 32 years I have not noticed... Are people drawn to me like moths to the flame for reasons I do not know????? :D

Fill me in Lt. Z, I am a bit slow :) ...

Doug said...

...and I can see you gave the camera to James to take the picture indoors. You know he does not believe in flash.

Zachary Maino said...

The camera is a piece of crap, but it works. No, you are not the center of attention, or the heart of the party. Im pretty sure no one is drawn to you. And if your car broke, ride your bike....you are a cyclst afterall.

Dan, I have ridden out in California up in the mountains and the bluffs around the mississippi. I am deffinitly better at climbing than anything else, not saying im great at it, but I deffinitly cant sprint.

James Anderson said...

Yeah Doug, I did take the picture.

Doug said...

Ah, see, don't let James use a camera.

Zachary Maino said...

Mr Gatto, dont complaing about pictures if you yourself will not show up to take them.

Daniel Ritter said...

All I'm saying is that until you go up against people who have the results to prove they are good climbers, there is no way to know

Doug said...

Zack is a flat land climber, put him out west with some real hills and he will look like a cat five in his first race :).

I didn't want to show off too much, so I skipped the meeting :).

Zachary Maino said...

Doug is a flat rider. As in he flats when he rides. He looks like a cat 5 in every race.

C said...

This is getting ugly.

Anonymous said...

Zack just can not handle pressure. You give him a bit of a hard time and he will just crack and fall apart :).

-Doug