Thursday, April 17, 2008

Belgian Racing


Hey everyone,It's the last week of classes here and finals are next week so I have been studying and doing a bunch of work, hence the no posting.

So last Sunday was the 3rd STS, and it was horrid. I woke up to freezing temperatures and snow on the ground. I still packed up the Element and headed to the course. Sure enough we were racing. A decent number of people showed up too! I coached the C race, which took a lot out of me because I was in the strong winds trying to assist riders. After that I decided to enter the A race. We only had about 10-12 riders. I only had half a bagel for breakfast, so I didn't last the whole race. I took a couple of free laps too. But while I WAS racing, I was doing a pretty good job at it. I was marking Larry Warbasse's wheel while I could, and stayed with him. I also did a lot of bridging, hoping Chris or DMO would go with me. Eventually I pulled out and the feild split, with Chris and DMO on the wrong side. O well.

After that, I went home to Jackson for a little bit and hung out with Cat. We sat in the hottub for a few minutes so I could rest my legs. After I dropped her off I headed back to Eastern to spend my week studying. Surprisingly, we have had great weather and I have gotten in some decent rides. I am on a rest and recovery week, so I did not ride today or yesterday. But Monday and Tuesday I got in 2 and 3 hour rides out in the sun. Man it was nice.....exept for the wind. This is one thing that annoyes me, I hate the Weather Channel. They are never 100%(or even 60%) correct. Based on solid scientific documented evidence....they are right about wind SPEED AND DIRECTION 10% of the time, correct about wind SPEED 20% of the time and correct about wind DIRECTION 15% of the time. The other 45% of the time its just numbers out of a hat. I only complain because it sucks to have a 20mph headwind for an hour comming back rather than the anticipated 13mph crosswind. O well, you cant change it, so live with it.

Tomorrow I turn in my English portfolio and I am done with that class for the year. Next week i have finals in Music(Tuesday), Anatomy(Wednesday), Trigonometry(Friday) and Physiology(Friday). Then I am finished and will spend my summer in Jackson.

After I turn in my portfolio, I am off to Jackson. This weekend is Jackson High School's Prom, and Cat asked me to go with her. As well as going with her on Saturday, I offered Mr. Hunt (JHS Senior advisor and teacher who had the biggest impact on my high school life) my assistance in setting up. So I get to spend Friday rigging decorations and such (also need to find time to ride.)

More on Prom on Sunday. Tomorrow or Saturday I will have a new post: "The History of Cat" Which is where I will imform everyone about, quite possibly, my favorite person on the planet. Thats all for now, Ciao!

PS: How about Boonen's Roubaix win!? Nice!

3 comments:

James Anderson said...

Doug, don't say what I know you're gonna say.

Doug said...

Ok, then Zack, don't email or call the Weather Channel and tell them what you really thing.

Doug said...

...and then there was a BEAR!