Tuesday, April 1, 2008

New Shoes



So I have been holding off on posting this so I had something to fill empty space with.

Anyways....this past weekend when I was home, getting ready for races, my mom decided that I needed new shoes. She looked at my old ones and said "Throw those in the trash." So I did.

While we were out running erronds, we stopped by Dunhams because my mom needed an exercise ball and we were going to see what they had for shoes. While in the back of the store looking at the huge rack of shoes I was having difficulty deciding on what type of show I wanted. As I was searching I was overcome with joy. My eye had caught a section of 5 shoes that put a huge grin on my face. I had heard about them, I had seen the prototypes, but I had not been able to locate them for two years. GIRO SHOES. Yes the helmet and glasses company.

At Interbike last year I saw the original models for the shoes. I had looked for them in stores for a while, but then i forgot about them. I take it the idea fell through because both pairs that I got were $30 marked down from $110. But it IS Dunhams, so it IS a clearing house for the things other store dont want.

Anyways, I was happy to find those and now this year you will see me sporting my new GIRO orange and brown shoes around.

9 comments:

Doug said...

They had Giro at Dunhams? Dunhams?

Doug said...

Giro at Dunhams? That is like high class gone... hillbilly...

Doug said...

Are you sure you were in Dunhams?

Doug said...

... and those are bowling shoes, right?

Doug said...

This does not compute, I keep getting an 'invalid parameters' error on this one.

Doug said...

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

This is a safe URL, it is just a redirector to shorten a very long URL that
would wrap, it is a short/small audio file:

http://shorten.ws/x8n9c


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGP Desktop 9.0.6 (Build 6060) - not licensed for commercial use: www.pgp.com

iQA/AwUBR/K66pzUGLYOkO82EQILBACeIKp5uwETCs28BnwLI/35IsVm728AoPgi
GWKgd3IrJKW6w6dZtSoFMBEW
=QDeY
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Doug said...

Virtual Barber Shop (this is clean/safe), use headphones (facing the correct direction):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUDTlvagjJA

C said...

Pretty cool.

I recognize the pair on the left, and the pair on the right look like the kind of kicks that you see scuffing around the Wholefoods on Washtenaw.

Doug said...

Hey, you and your bowling shoes, post something from the weekend.