Sunday, December 30, 2007

At last...the new bike!










So yesterday morning i jumped into the Element and drove over to Panera on Jackson St. in AA to meet up with James Knight. I walk inside and James is sitting right at the entrance, so we head outside to his car.(ALSO a blue Honda Element) He opened the back of his car and pulled out my new shiny black LOOK 555, with full Ultegra components and Ksyrium Equipe wheels. Yes, as some of you know i was suppose to get a LOOK 585 with Dura Ace, but the 555/Ultegra was a lot cheaper for roughly the same performance. Yes James, you and I have the same bike, were almost twins! haha. So yesterday i spent 2-3 hours working on the bike, I changed the handle bar/stem combination to my favored 120mm stem and my flat top, ergo bend handle bars. I adjusted the saddle height and bar rotation, and I exchanged my pedals from the 'LOOK Keo Sprints' to my 'Speedplay X-Series'. I also zip-tied the wireless cyclecomputer and transmitter to the bike, and fastened the bottle cages to the frame. Now it is ready for riding! I will make the 'First Dozen Ride' weather permitting. Here, Enjoy some pictures...

11 comments:

Doug said...

This is just plain weird, you two match.

Doug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doug said...

So, is that bike new or used?

Doug said...

Does your stem angle down?

The wall looks like it could use a new coat of paint, especially near the floor. But you do have nice carpet in the house.

Zachary Maino said...

The bike is brand new from James Knight. The stem is level with the ground. Yeah the walls could be painted, was that an offer Doug? Want to come to my house and paint?

Doug said...

No, that is ok... However, if I ever come to your house my opening line as I enter the building will be 'alright, don't anybody move, this is a ...' :)

dmo said...

Sweet! Everything looks great, although I do agree with Doug that a 6 degree stem would help you lose some spacers and put less stress
on the steer tube. What about using that Easton stem from your Giant?
I'm not sure if I can make the First
Dozen ride (and the forecast seems
to involve snow), but hopefully I'll be able to check out the new ride before too long. Happy New Year!

Zachary Maino said...

Yeah i actually did some final adjusting after i posted this morning. i lowered the bars about an inch. So now there is less stress on the steering tube.

Chris Aten said...

Nice Bike man. That is hott. Hopefully I'll be getting my hands on something like that in the not too distant future.

C said...

Nice ride.

Cat said...

The inside of the carbon tube looks different than I thought it would...it's cool lol. I now understand how carbon fiber works... I think...I hope I don't get called out by someone for using the wrong term or something...now I am nervous... lol