Wednesday, December 26, 2007

New Bike Trail

Here in Jackson, after i left for Eastern the city paved a bike trail from downtown Jackson all the way to Concord. Its about 15 miles long, only crosses 7-8 streets, 2 of which are busy. Today in Mid-Michigan, it was beautiful out. Temperature in the 40s sunny, clear blue skies. If only i had a bike. I decided to take my dads bike out for a spin, which is a 56cm frame, and i ride a 51cm. As it turns out, i shouldnt have spent two hours on that bike. Due to the bike geometry, i couldn't get any power to the pedals, so it was a slow ride. I hope it was the bike, and not me. Ive spent about a month off the bike, but im talking to my Dad and we are going to talk to James Knight tomarrow about that bike. I need something that fits me, especially if i want to ride with the team on New Years. I cant ride like this with the team, i would probably get dropped. So...in short, ride a bike that is the right size, it works alot better. And if anyone cares to know the stats off my HRM, here they are...
Time - 1:59'06
Avg HR - 138
Max HR - 183
Calorie Burn - 1235

No comments: